Thursday, October 16, 2014

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge–Shades of Fall }

Hi and welcome to our  Impression Obsession challenge – Shades of Fall!

Our challenge starts today, October 16, and continues to the following Wednesday evening, October 22, at 10 PM.

Create a new project using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog, between October 16-22. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

This time I did not make a card. I was looking on Pinterest for a teacher gift idea and I came across these little mini coffee cups. Looks like they were really popular last year in the Stampin’ Up world, but I totally missed them. I fell in love and had to get some and make cute little gifts.

Mini coffee cup gift set by Daniela Dobson

I stamped my white cardstock with Cover-a-card Broken Chainlink and added Cover-a-Card Wood Grain with some color shine. Then I added a strip of patterned paper at the top. There might be a pattern out there, but I just traced my cup on a piece of paper to make the template. I will transfer it into my silhouette so I can cut it in the future.

Mini coffee cup by Daniela Dobson

I used a leaf from Hydrangea Set Die to cut two leaves, one from a scrap piece of fabric and another one from vellum. I broke one of my Sizzix Big Shot plates while I was in the process of embossing the leaf. I made the wrong sandwich. It was time anyway. I hade them for ever and they were looking pretty bad. Amazon has them on sale right now Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Standard, 1 Pair ($6.59).
I used Circle Greeting Cutout set for the tag. I punched the scalloped circle first and then taped the die to the middle and die cut the saying. I backed it with brown cardstock.
I stamped the Striped Banner several times and tucked them behind the tag with the leaves.

Mini gift set coffee cup by Daniela Dobson

I pretty much did the same thing with the tag that I cut out from the rest of the stamped cardstock. I added a little doily on the bottom. You could add a little note to this with the gift.

Mini gift set tag by Daniela Dobson

What is inside you ask? Some very delicious chocolate I found. Caramel Brownie. Four of them fit perfectly. Just enough for a little treat. These little cups can be filled with whatever you want and they are perfect for any occasion.

Mini coffee cup gift set chocolate by Daniela Dobson

They are delicious!
Lindt Chocolate - Hello My Name Is "Caramel Brownie" Little Bits To Go, 4.2oz., (2 Pack)

Mini coffee cup gift set Lindt chocolate by Daniela Dobson



That is all from me. Make sure you check out what the rest of our DT created.

I hope you play along.

Impression Obsession Blog
Anna Wight
Daniela Dobson -------> you are here
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kittie Caracciolo

8 comments:

  1. lovely idea. I think I would add a recipe to the back of the lovely tag, with the beautiful coffee cup, wouldn't that make a good sharing time with a friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Love the design and also the color combo. And now I want one of those caramel brownies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I am just in love with tags, and I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "see" a pumpkin latte in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous gift box amd tag!! I love it Daniela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest treat ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice treat to receive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.